Myth #3 - International Dating Agencies Are All Just Scams
While there are a lot of scams out there, that could certainly be said about almost anything these days. What most people don't realize is that using an international dating agency is just as safe as making a purchase at a well-known online retailer.
Just like online shopping…
… you must deal with reputable international dating agencies.
Helping people stay safe and not get scammed is incredibly important to us, so here at International Love Scout, we've researched all of the sites that we've featured girls from to weed-out as much of the risk as possible and provide you with a pleasant dating experience.
Not only do we watch out for the scammers for you, but we also give you the scoop on shady operations, or anything else that we deem to not be on the up-and-up.
We want your quest for finding the love of your life to be as risk-free and enjoyable as possible. Unfortunately, scams can never be completely eliminated, but if you use a little common sense, just like you do when you're shopping or paying bills online, you can avoid almost all of the online dating scams out there.
Here are some tips to keep your quest for love on the right track:
- This is a big one... Never send money to a girl! Now, this rule sounds pretty easy to follow, but you'd be surprised at how many guys end up sending money even though it goes against their better judgment. So, if you're going to send money, at least wait until you have been communicating with someone for six to eight weeks. This will minimize your risk substantially.
- Make sure the girl you're corresponding with is replying with direct answers to your questions. Watch out for copy/pasted replies and/or "form letters". These types of responses are a huge red flag that something is not right.
- Don't propose without meeting the girl. Again, this sounds like common sense, but a lot of guys propose before they even meet the girl they've been communicating with. You wouldn’t do this offline, so it’s best to avoid doing this online as well. If someone is trying to pressure you into a rushed decision regarding marriage or anything else, you need to take a step back and evaluate the situation.
- Use a reputable agency and read the information about the agencies you're considering working with very closely because the level of service you'll experience will vary widely from agency to agency. One of the big reasons many men believe they've been scammed is because they didn't fully understand what the agency they were working with was actually offering. Some agencies make it a habit to make you "dig" to get ALL of the information. Although this isn't a true scam, it's something to watch out for. Know what the fee structures and costs look like going in and budget your spending wisely.
- Just because you got your heart broken, does not mean you got scammed. Heartbreak occurs in all walks of life whether you're dating domestically or internationally. Sometimes things just don't work out, and you have to be mindful of the fact that even under the best circumstance most relationships don't turn into lifelong romances. Make sure your expectations are realistic going in. Can you find the love of your life through international dating? You bet! Will it be the first person you start talking with... Who knows? That's one aspect of dating that doesn't change regardless of the venue.
The big thing to take away from this list is to do your homework and use common sense.
Surely Those SUPER-HOT Girls Can't Be Real?!
One of the things most guys notice when they start looking at international dating sites is all of the beautiful women.
While it's true in the old days of foreign dating many of the profile pictures were of “Natasha” but the emails were actually coming from “Boris”. This is typically not the case any longer if you're working with a reputable agency.
Although the reputable agencies do everything they can to prevent scams, they're not perfect, and it goes back to having a little common sense and paying attention to the tips we've mentioned above.
You greatly minimize your risks by being smart AND working only with reputable agencies.
There are literally thousands of dating agencies on the web, some of them are downright shady. Below is a list of International Dating Sites you might want to take a look at; they are the best known, biggest and are generally considered to be the most legit of the bunch.
And most of these sites have FREE sign-ups so you don’t need to spend a dime to poke around their sites for a while and get the feel of things.
We also have in-depth reviews of many of these agencies on our website over at website: http://www.internationallovescout.com/dating-site-reviews/
Best International Dating Sites
Russian and Eastern European Dating Agencies
Latin Dating Agencies
Asian Dating Agencies
- A Foreign Affair
- Cherry Blossoms
- Asian Beauties
- Filipino Cupid
- Japan Cupid
- Vietnam Cupid
- Thai Love Links
African Dating Agencies
If you just can’t make up your mind and want to contact women from all over the world these sites are for you: